Saturday, March 19, 2011
2011 North Texas Spring Running Camp w/ Lisa Smith-Batchen
North Texas Spring Running Camp Weekend: April 15-17 2011
When: Friday, April 15 at 12:00pm - April 17 at 3:00pm
Where: Collin County Adventure Camp
This camp is designed for beginner to advanced runners. Participants will be divided into groups based on ability during training sessions with the camp tailored and designed so that each runner can meet their personal needs and goals.
Taking place on the 427 acres of the Collin County Adventure Camp just 30 minutes from Plano, TX, the camp will be hosted by one of North America’s greatest women’s running and fitness instructors and coach, Lisa Smith-Batchen. She is also one of the most recognized ultra-marathoners and top endurance athletes in the world and for years has successfully facilitated running and training camps in the Teton Mountains and other locations around the world.
A “sampling” of Lisa Smith Batchen’s professional accomplishments includes:
• Two 1st place finished in the Badwater Ultra marathon (competed in 9)
• First and only American female to win Marathon des Sables Ultra marathon.
• 1st person to ever run from Las Vegas to Mt. Whitney (306 miles)
• Hawaiian Ironman Championships
• Created the Dreamchasers Foundation – Dreamchasers is dedicated to raising funds to help needy women and children around the world to survive and succeed.
• Created the Dreamchasers Outdoor Adventure Club - A personal trainer since 1982, the club now hosts multiple running camps, organized race events, fitness classes, training and coaching.
• “Running Hope Through America” – in 2010 completed a 2,500 mile run in two months raising over $700,000 so far for orphans.
Weekend Overview/What’s Included: $349 includes all food and lodging
• Bunkhouse lodging and all meals.
• Aid station-style support for all running sessions.
• Swag bag including a technical running shirt and other related goodies.
• 2 daily coach-led running sessions
• Gait analysis and Natural Running Form instruction by guest coach Patton Gleason.
• Injury prevention/biomechanics session with other technical experts.
• Nutritional and hydration counseling.
• Yoga and other core fitness sessions specific for runners.
• Night trail running session. Bring headlamps and a handheld flashlight!
• Training plan consultation.
• Loads of fun and camaraderie with other inspired running friends!
There will be a drawing on Sat. night for a pair of NEWTON trail shoes! $140.00 value.
The first 10 registrants get $25 off the camp and an extra entry for the drawing.
Registration/Questions Contact: Dave Carder 469-667-7025 firstname.lastname@example.org