Monday, August 9, 2010

Feeling run down

What do you do when you just can't seem to get into the groove of things? Ever since Badwater, I have been feeling down. My runs haven't been as good as they used to be. I feel slow and out-of-shape. I feel fat, like I'm gaining weight. I feel like I haven't progressed at all as a runner this summer. I just feel down. Part of it may have to do with the fact that my dad is still in the hospital. Maybe I'm depressed over that. Maybe I'm also depressed over going back to law school. I really don't want to go back to Lubbock. I dread it so much and would give anything not to have to endure the ordeal. But, that's just not possible. I have to go back and finish my last year of school. Meanwhile, I seem to be in a running rut and I don't know how to work my way out of it.

This is turning into a rant, so, to avoid that, I want to leave some constructive advice... wisdom for the Gerry of the Future who may decide to read back on this entry: stay strong and realize that things will get better. This too shall pass. What seems like an insurmountable obstacle now, will someday seem trifling and silly. Just, keep moving forward and be grateful for what you have. Count your blessings. Keep running.

No comments:

Post a Comment