Friday, September 3, 2010

In Mourning Over My Stolen and Really, Really Expensive Watch : A Rant


Well, it happened. My $400 running watch was stolen. By a lawyer, no less. Actually, an aspiring lawyer. I was at the law school and I put my Garmin Forerunner 405 in the side pocket of my backpack. I left my backpack in the forum area of the law school and I went to get a drink of water. I was gone for, literally, less than a minute. Someone had to have seen my put my watch down, because when I got back, it was gone. I looked all around and I accosted people, asking if they had seen my beloved watch. Nothing. I was devastated (still am). Oh, dear reader, how I wish I could explain to you that sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. You know how it feels I'm sure. That dawning realization. That dread. You remember it. You remember how it felt.

I find myself repeating the same thing over and over again in my head: shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit,shit,shitshitshitshitshitititishit.

I find my only solace in that old saying... To you, dear thief: what goes around comes around.

5 comments:

  1. could be worse... I still have fine. It's staring me in the face... but alas does not work. Won't take charges and tinkered with it long enough to figure out it's not going to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OR... it could've been one of these http://www.worldinterestingfacts.com/lifestyle/top-5-most-expensive-watches-in-the-world.html!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this just sucks dude.. so sorry!! ur right, what comes around goes around.

    rockon'

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear about that misfortune. What a shame that the culprit for this theft is an aspiring lawyer. Certainly, what goes around comes around. So, I hope you’ll get not only the justice, but also something better than that expensive watch.

    Jake Schwartz @ Gold Fever Catch it!

    ReplyDelete