Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Cactus Rose Shopping List


The thing about Cactus Rose is that it's aid stations are not manned. The set-up is a self-serve format; you bring your own stuff. This forces the runner to plan out ahead of time their own food needs and supplements - not that runners shouldn't do that anyway. I have compiled a list of things I will need for Cactus Rose 100. Here is my shopping list, broken up into three distinct sections: Gear/Miscellaneous Needs, Nutrition/Fueling, and Medical Care. Note that these are things I have to buy. This is not a list of things that I already have that I am planning on taking. In short, this is not an exhaustive list of things that I will be taking to the race. Also, I will probably be adding to this list as I think of more supplies and needs.

Gear/Miscellaneous


Two small, but sturdy and strong flashlights for the trails
Batteries (for the flashlight)
AAA batteries for my headlamp
1 stick of BodyGlide
Duct tape
Black Sharpie Marker
Lightweight long pants, preferably white (will buy in SA)
5 medium-sized duffel bags to leave at the aid stations
5 ice chests to leave at each aid station (maybe)

Nutrition/Fueling

Vanilla Bean GU Gels (100)
Heed Powder (will buy in SA)
Bananas
5 loafs of bread
2 jars of peanut butter
2 jars of jelly
A large bag of M&M candies
Avocados
4 Cans of Progresso Soup
A large bag of Pretzels
Trail mix (no chocolate in the mix)
Spoons to eat
Can opener
Tostitos Tortilla Chips

Medical

Bandaids (waterproof)
Ankle tape
Gauze
Little scissors
A needle to puncture blisters
A lighter to sterilize the needle
Tape (for feet -- will buy in SA)
Powder for feet
Bengay

No comments:

Post a Comment