Monday, September 3, 2012

Hill Training for Mogollon Monster 100

Some pictures from this weekend's hill training adventure in the secluded Texas Hill Country. I took a tumble on a downhill and scraped my arm and bruised my butt. Other than that, it was all peachy!


At 6 o'clock in the morning, I had the whole place to myself and I felt like I was on top of the world!


It doesn't look like a big deal, but after going up and down this never-ending hill a bazillion times, I was pooped!


Those little rocks are devilish! But you learn to love 'em!


Sweating my way up the big hill...


Flowers along the way.


And more flowers!


A cool little offshoot trail.


It doesn't look bad, but it hurt! You should see my butt... Ha!


A soft new terrain for my feet to enjoy. A nice break from those rocks!


And finally, the view from the top! Yay!


1 comment: