Sunday, August 29, 2010

A typical meal


I've been asked what a typical meal looks like for me. So on no particularly special occasion, I took a picture of my lunch plate. Here it is: It consists of a nice green salad with red bell peppers, sunflower seeds, olives, and shredded carrots. I dash on lots of Braggs Liquid Aminos. I usually eat one avocado a day. They are delicious. And, I'm a big fan of baked potatoes. To drink, I have water and an Odwalla Superfood. I would say my diet is 60% carbs, 20% protein, and 20% fat. I eat healthy probably 90% of the time and I eat crap 10% of the time. No refined sugars. I sometimes describe myself as a flexitarian. Maybe you've heard the term before. These are people who see the benefits of a vegetarian lifestyle but are also not opposed to eating the occasional piece of meat. So there you have it. It works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment