Saturday, January 15, 2011
A great vegan snack - Spicy Garbanzo Bean Bites!
It's movie night here in my apartment. I just ran 6 miles to the grocery store (this indigent college student has no car) and walked 6 miles back with about 30 lbs. of groceries in hand (not a fun trip), but it was so worth it because now I get to relish in what may be the best snack ever! These tasty treats are extremely easy to make, healthy, and can be seasoned however you want them. Then, you pop them in your mouth like popcorn!
Spicy Garbanzo Bean Bites
1 small baking sheet
1 can of reduced sodium garbanzo beans
1 tablespoon of olive oil
Seasoning of your choosing
1) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2) Drain the beans completely and dry them with a paper towel
3 Spread them on the baking sheet.
4) Drizzle olive oil over them
5) Sprinkle your seasoning over them. You can use any kind of seasoning you want. They work well with Cajun seasoning. I used a sort of Italian herb blend of rosemary, black and red pepper, parsley and sea salt.
6) Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until crunchy.